Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I Won a Fight

I won a fight. And I have the marks to show. My right hand is red and blistered. My hand muscles are achingly tired. Grrr! I am woman, hear me roar! Grrr (again)! The professional purchase of a file cabinet resulted in waiting a week for a massive box to come via UPS to our house, my husband hoisting it into the back seat of my car, me dragging it into the office on my own (it's light, but quite awkward), shifting furniture around in my office (hope it works for my office mate), attempting to put screws in the cabinet to secure wheels and realizing it couldn't be accomplished without tools, bringing a screw driving and screwing all morning (sounds so wrong and it was!), and finally getting every last one of those four wheels on there and filling it full with files and supplies. My blister hurts as I type sometimes. But, those screws are in tight. And, I regret applying lotion to my hands four times this morning. Turns out lotion makes your hands pretty slippery and, when you combine that with heat on in the building, your hands sweat and it's pretty tricky to grip a Philips head screw driver with all your might and crank a screw tight. Thus, screwing all morning. Thus, file cabinet accomplished after three hours of taking breaks and then screwing. And, I could more than likely jimmy the cheapo lock on my cabinet with that Philips head screw driver.

No comments:


Blog Archive