Fluffy warm pancakes, greek yogurt with blueberries and honey, a glass of guava juice, christmas station, and reading chapter 36 in Job.
I was perusing some random fashion blogs (God knows I need all the help I can get) and they were talking about how thrifting is really in right now which was funny to me because I don't know that it ever wasn't acceptable to find a treasure at Value Village.
So it got me to thinking about how when we did our roomies dates (where guys as girls then girls as guys on a date on a particular weekend and sometimes your roommate asks for you and people are all silly about it) in college that one time the group I went with decided that other couples got to pick up the outfits for another couple to wear at Goodwill.
We were each given a money limit and set loose to find a good find. Everyone was all humiliated and disturbed for the clothing they were forced to wear and the mismatched 80s pieces that had us saying, "Yikes!"
Me.
No.
I loved my outfit and wore its pieces for many years. I had a blue sleeveless shirt that was a Latin lady dancing (hello, thank you, little roomies shopper!), velvety deep red pants that just felt great to the touch and were awesome to pair with boots and a black top cause they spoke for themselves, and a great floral scarf with pink roses and grey and black background (why, oh why didn't I keep it?).
However, I have quite minimal patience for thrifting because I am not a shopper, so when I find something I like, I by one in every color. This is--eeks--so similar to my husband's style of finding something he likes and buying three or four of what he likes in the same color.
Sigh.
I am kinda a guy about shopping and style.
But, I have come a long way.
Trust me.
No comments:
Post a Comment