Saturday, October 29, 2011

Peace Trickling In...

 My last day of work is Monday. I am almost there. I cannot believe it, but am also so ready to be done that I have already completed that day in my head. It's uncanny how much I have felt a weight lifted off of me by giving up this burden of employment as it has become more and more of late. Simultaneously, it was a special week for me in private practice--two clients finally entered the door of my office. The roller coaster was up and down still for those emotions, but I believe that with the prayers of a couple good friends who knew what I was experiencing that flipped around dramatically and I was shown gratitude for my work at the agency and melancholy at my departure and also was given God's favor in the form of two clients. My rent check for my office in November was submitted, then I received first session payments for two and they were cancelled out. It was the perfect way to start things. I felt high, giddy, exuberant, and cheerfully me again. It's been awhile since I felt that for days in a row. That's when I realized that my work was a weight upon me. Thank You, God, for providing a way out with such support from a husband and family who know this is what I need to do.

After I complete at the agency (final paycheck has already been mailed to me ahead of time which feels nice and kinda sneaky), I start two days a week at my new office immediately and hope to move into three days shortly. I am in no hurry for this. I trust God's timing and am at peace with whenever that will happen.

I have been skipping and giggling and light-hearted in spirit all weekend. So grateful for that. And, even more grateful for the calmness that has come over me and the ability to seek the peace of the Holy Spirit in an increasingly accessible manner than previously, especially this summer. I guess I am removing the yuckiness so I can retrieve and offer breath to the beauty within me and the beauty that God wants to offer. I like this feeling. Remembering who I am. Remembering how to get to Jesus more simply when the clutter in my head is literally dissipating by the day. It's peculiar while a also deep demonstration of omnipotence.

No comments:


Blog Archive