As I sat at the unnecessarily long traffic light to exit our neighborhood yesterday evening, my car rattling obnoxiously and the man behind me spitting tobacco chew laden liquid out his window every few seconds, I was overcome by a deep and desperate and passionate thought--I want to see my family in Heaven. I think God was stirring something in me throughout the day as I had a brief and potentially non-accomplishing conversation with a cousin online about thoughts that you may enter Heaven after death by being a good person. Then the sermon series I am listening to on the book of Luke by Mars Hill really sealed the deal...the sermon was titled Jesus The Narrow Door and discussed how simple it is to get into Heaven (Members Only), but how simple it is not to be guaranteed a ticket on the ride to celestial eternity. There's no way I can properly communicate the urgency that one must feel--that I feel--to right yourself with the Lord and confess He is God and follow and believe Him. Without Jesus' salvation and following Jesus' ways, we will all be left on the day of judgment with the sentence of being thrown into a firey pit of eternal torment.
Mark spoke a line that I have always loved the concept of because it makes me wanna go "HA!" when in a religious debate with someone (not to frequent of an occurrence unfortunately)...If I'm wrong and there is no God than I have nothing to lose and gain an amazing life, but if the doubter/skeptic/atheist/lukewarm soul is wrong than they have everything to lose because they will face the consequences of their incorrect action or inaction.
Sigh. I felt disgruntled and mildly hopeless after listening, but really it was motivating and inspiring at my laziness to communicate more frequently and persistently to those I love that which is of foremost depth, purpose, and important to me--Jesus is Lord, Savior, and King and we must serve Him. I feel fired up about that. I know that more hopeful sections of Luke will come such as the story of the prodigal son which I look forward to reading as I know some prodigal prospects myself. For now, I am grateful with all of my being that Jesus bore my sins on the cross and rose again to sit at the right hand of God so that He can welcome me into His loving arms for a big snuggle on judgment day and I will spend the rest of time hanging out in the best place ever--Heaven.
So, approach the door. Open the door to Jesus. And enter into eternal life with the One who offers it.
So, approach the door. Open the door to Jesus. And enter into eternal life with the One who offers it.
No comments:
Post a Comment