Saturday, October 01, 2011

A Business Begun

It's official as of the beginning of July. It's the real deal. I am in. Joined the club. Jumping in and getting both feet wet. 
My private practice is open in Mill Creek. I am excited to see where God takes this adventure. It's so much fun to make it my own and I believe that I am going to learn so many new things about me and about Him and about His people in this next chapter. 
Thursday I dropped by some brochures with the Fall special to ten schools and three pediatric/family practice clinics. I feel good about this venture because of my experiences at the agency over the last four years. My work under my belt has brought me confidence and wisdom in the field. However, the starting the business part is trickier than I presumed. Navigating insurance companies is a nightmare and I am now completely positive that insurance applications will line the shelves in Hell. Sometimes I want to just go without, but, seriously, people don't feel comfortable and can't get accustomed to the fact that they can pay out of network. Ah, well. All in time I will have sweet little faces filling my office with laughter, tears, stories, struggles, games, artistic creations, and sharing life. 
Until then I have some of the major stuff out of the way like a business license, malpractice insurance, a nice office in a good location, website, business cards, release of information, and several insurance applications begun to be on my way to the credentialing process for Aetna, Community Health Plan, and a few others. Just finding the time to accomplish it all until my time at the clinic is done will be the challenge. I can do it!
And, such a beautiful and wonderful note is that I literally have TEN days left there. Wahoo! Three weeks of three and a week of one day equals me being available for more days to put into my practice come November 1st. How ironic that my last agency day will be Halloween. Mwahahaha!

2 comments:

Emily B said...

Congrats Dulcy!! So fun to hear your updates!! :) I fully intend on updating my blog sometime this century ;)

Dulcinator said...

Thanks, Em, for reading about my life and some random thoughts. Love and miss you!


Blog Archive