Saturday, October 01, 2011

FisherNino

My little FisherNino is prepping for yet another voyage to the river this morning. Hoping to catch another fish. Or six. I really despised fishing. How boring to sit and wait for hours, casting line, reeling in, and re-casting with no satisfaction of any sort except working on your tan. I understand why he loves it though. His introvert side gets to snuggle into the boat, zip his lips, and toss that line into pools of H2O in hopes of--at minimum--a bite. The sport provides a mental challenge to conquer the water and determine where to position the boat, cast, what bait and lure, and other such details that might secure us more fishies. It's fun to watch him get all excited about it and pursue his passion of scaly creatures. Again, it's boring though.
Thankfully, I have found more interest in fishing other than bronzing my skin (not a chance of that now that fall has officially arrived) and catching up on 50 pages of a good book. Take out the factor of setting up the boat with our electric pump, wiping it down when water gets inside, and sitting and trolling for ever and ever with nary a bite and I am a much happier camper. Place a rod in my hands that I can throw and pull, cast and reel, catch and release (or keep), and I feel purpose. My book doesn't come out of the car, I don't complain of coldness or boredom. I am ready to go catch those little finned wonders.
So, today I am tagging along again. In hopes to catch a few. Totally don't want to eat them...I saw it's like clunked out of it with a rock. It seems a little wrong. Also, the clean up situation is lacking...the garbage or the house may smell fishy and this is NOT in any way ok. Therefore, we are going to attempt to employ the method of washing up the little creatures in the river to give back nutrients to the life cycle apparently. We'll see about that. The scents my nostrils savor in the kitchen will hopefully not then be of a powerful, knock you over, fish reek, but of fresh cooking salmon. Pink. Salmon.
Here we go to see what this FisherNino and his wife can score in the river...fish, that is.

No comments:


Blog Archive