Wednesday, August 09, 2006
Another Goodbye...Adios Puyallup Amigos...Dios le Bendiga
I sit here frantically typing emails and replies to all of my beautiful friends and family who care enough to maintain my connection to Kirkland, Everett, Bellingham, and the USA with cars loudly passing by and friendly lighting flashing for fleeting moments. However, I should be spending more moments with my Puyallup team friends, playing many games of Uno into the wee hours of the morning. When I get to writing down what we have done each day (I will do it by this weekend, I promise), you will realize how much of a help they have been to me as a group member and in keeping me busy, busy, busy. I have not fully realized this until I was reminded that they depart tomorrow morning. These people have been who I belonged to the last 9 days and, alas, they will trek back to the Puerta Vallarta airport en la manana and be gone from my presence. I have enjoyed each person in their own way and that they have so embraced me to be the 10th and sometimes 11th member of their team. Because of this, homesickness has not once encroached upon my little heart, hurray! As I served Mexican people and the Lord alongside the Puyallup team, I was a part of something great...the body of Christ. These people are my family, my brothers and sisters in Christ, whether 10 or 53 years old. I feel at home with them to be sweaty and still laugh, to harass them, to know a few of those trip inside jokes, and to pray passionately with them. Thank you, Puyallup team, for acting as the body of Christ and as Christ himself would and adopting me into your grupa. Stay in touch. Dios le bendiga, amigos!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(46)
-
▼
August
(31)
- One More Time from Mexico: August 18-28
- ALL THAT I NEED and RAIN AND MY ATTITUDE
- La Playa Bonita (the beautiful beach)
- Pictures of Some of My Favorite People
- Muchos Besos y No Me Gusta Limpiar Los Banos (Many...
- Worship in Mexico
- Las Palabras de La Gente y El Lugar (the words of ...
- August 11-August 17, A Brief Daily Summary
- Encouragement in Speaking Spanish and On Being a T...
- Masterpiece in Progress
- On Lightning, the Lord, and Randomness
- No Mas Pictures Hoy
- Fotos de San Blas Playa y la Barca de la Jungla
- La Gente Bonita (the beautiful people)
- Fotos, Fotos, Fotos (do i really have to translate?)
- Mas Fotos en Mexico (more photos in mexico)
- Fotos de la Vida Mexicano de Dulce (photos of the ...
- As Promised: Cortez and the Mexican People...Accor...
- Inspiration for All Who Are Thirsty
- A Hopefully Informative and Possibly Unneccessaril...
- Que Divertido! Muchas Palabras en Espanol
- Another Goodbye...Adios Puyallup Amigos...Dios le ...
- I Am A Little Pacific Northwest City Girl
- No title
- One Who is Called Alongside
- Dulcy Swears at the Pastor and His Wife & Las Pala...
- Mas Cultura en Tepic (more culture in tepic)
- Dulcy´s Painted Deserts as a Stranger in a Strange...
- El Dia Seis en Mexico
- On Culture in Mexico #2...los zapatos de ramon y e...
- First Moments of Culture in Mexico
-
▼
August
(31)
No comments:
Post a Comment