This morning as my water was working on boiling for my breakfast of Cream of Wheat, strawberries, and raisins, I felt drawn to venture outside. What an incredible symphony greeted my being! Birds of all voices and sounds sung their joys and stories to me in a wondrous, resounding chorus. I was enchanted by their cheerful tones. Even the cacophony of crows faded into the background of the stately fir trees in the forest as sparrows, robins, chickadees, swallows, nuthatches, thrushes, and, likely a host of other feathered friends, cheerfully chattered their morning delights. Not even a car drove by for the first minute and I felt like the whole world was alive with pleasantries of those just rolling out of their nest and pushing back the covers of down and leaves, stretching their wings and peeking into the daylight around them. I think I will go sit out on the porch until it is time to leave for church and soak up their melodies and sweet songs. I will likely be captivated once again.
No comments:
Post a Comment