It's still cold enough outside today to snow or at least bring rain mixed with snowy slush.
Yesterday afternoon brought some dryness in all this wet weather as well as some sunshine! We opened the front door, shut off the heat, and I leaped into the soggy earth and drippy shrubbery for planting and pruning.
I planted some pink and pinkish purple heather. The heather adds a nice pop to our garden beds. I am pleased with its cheerfulness! Also, I planted some dahlia bulbs which we won't see until August or September and some seeds that will surface in May, I hope. The treat about seeds and bulbs is that you never know what to expect...if they will burst through the layers of dirt, if a squirrel will steal them for a snack, when they will begin to grow, at what point a bud will appear and how long it will take for the bloom to open radiantly. It's fun waiting to see what happens, but hard to be patient for the colors to illuminate the garden in a kaleidoscope of colors. I am looking forward to seeing them bloom in all their firework fullness.
Something else is blooming around here. My practice is at last starting to blossom! It was under the surface of the ground for so long with just a few shoots of greenness that developed into buds and growth, but is now becoming a garden getting fuller and fuller with time. At least for this season. In the next season, they may die away and I may need to plant more and await future growth in a different season. We'll see what the Lord, our Master Gardener, has in plan.
No comments:
Post a Comment