Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Glad to Be Home

We just spent six days in the Orlando area for a medium-sized vacation for two...plus another couple who joined us for two fun days. 

We marveled at the amazing feats of Cirque du Soleil's La Nouba acrobatics. (Wow! Incredible! Highly recommended! Glad I passed up the chance when I was 16 so I could see it later with my husband, though my 16-year-old self hadn't a clue about it!) 

We did the whole Magic Kingdom experience and rode Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean and so much more together. (Like sharing part of childhood with each other!) 

We adventured with our pals from church at Islands of Adventure checking out Harry Potter's world, riding crazy roller coasters repeatedly and getting drenched in various water involved rides. (Thank God for sun to dry our soaked clothing and to feel on our faces as the wind whipped by on yet another coaster twist and turn!) 

We tromped through the intrigue of Universal Studios tired after several days of walking. (So windy that day, cold, and we decided U.S. will not likely be visited again by us...boring and too much standing and listening to dumb jokes.) 

We hung out by the pool at our many activity featured resort. (By many, I mean many.) 

We hung out at Wet 'N Wild just the two of us and splashed away in the waves, swirled in the slides, slipped joyfully along each tube of watery fun, and played many hours of beach volleyball moving towards honing my skills in the perfect sunshine. 

So much fun. We really enjoyed ourselves and loved sharing those experiences together as husband and wife. I know someday we will do the Disney experience with our kids, but I don't know at what age we will brave it with them. I was shocked to see so many infants at the Magic Kingdom and little kids passed out in strollers and people just generally dragged down by their young children who didn't have endurance to get your money's and experience's worth out of those theme parks. Hmm. We'll have to see!

After a long afternoon of flying, I stepped into our home so at peace. I love coming home after being away. I feel so...at home. It's clean. It has our food (which I really missed while away and eating chicken nuggets about 6 times). Our bathroom. All my clothes. Our couch. Our bed. Our comforts. Could I do without them? Why, yes, of course. But I do so deeply enjoy what our home is and what we have made it to be. It welcomes me with such a huge hug and open arms when we return to it. :)

No comments:


Blog Archive