Thursday, February 09, 2012

Give Me Jesus

This weekend and a few days before and into Tuesday was beautiful, sunny, and almost balmy outside...very similar to a cool summer day. I loved it! We ate lunch on the porch one day, I wore shorts to the gym, and we rode bikes on Saturday exploring a new neighborhood just blocks away. It was stellar! I reveled in that sunshine. I was so cheerful for the birds chirping and the beauty around us. We went to the park twice in two days. We turned off the heat and opened all the windows and doors so that we could get fresh air and enjoy a breeze.

Then on Wednesday the rains came. It's normal, right? I live in the Seattle area and rain ain't no new thang. But somehow I didn't know it would be coming. :( So, I started to feel down, melancholy, and fight some blues all Wednesday. Woke up today and was good to go with a decent morning and early afternoon in my office.

Then I went outside again. Rain. Rain. Rain. Ugh. Windshield wipers going quick. Steamy car. Wet roads. Grey. Gloom. And, I felt down again. Boo. Then I went to the gym and scored some major endorphins to boost my mood. But, endorphins only go so far and they are not The Answer! [Vitamin D is sorta kinda a part of my solution and Disney World in March I hope will bring me some of those nutrients!!]

My precious answer came when I was driving in my car. You see, our worship choir is singing on Sunday this week and my vocal chords are horribly un-exercised so I need to warm them up and strengthen them, which means turning off sermons and songs I don't know but enjoy the beat to, and get some worship or very familiar songs on so I can belt it out.


Jeremy Camp's, Give Me Jesus, came on and, instantly, my heart knew what God was trying to tell me...Jesus. Focus on Him. Not on me. Worship Him. Not me. From sun up to sun down; from the time my eyes open until the time they close and in between...Jesus.

This song has always done that for me. Given me chills. Given me tears as soon as I hear the first few chords. Pulled at my heart. Made it ache. And helped me put my focus back when it momentarily wavers or has slipped focus.

And the last word of the song. Boom.

In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
Give me Jesus

Give me Jesus
Give me Jesus
You can have all this world
Just give me Jesus

When I am alone
When I am alone
Oh, when I am alone
Give me Jesus

Give me Jesus
Give me Jesus
You can have all this world
Just give me Jesus

Jesus
Give me Jesus

When I come to die
When I come to die
Oh, when I come to die
Give me Jesus

Give me Jesus
Give me Jesus
You can have all this world
You can have all this world
You can have all this world
Just give me Jesus

Jesus

No comments:


Blog Archive