Wednesday, February 15, 2012

02.12

Last Sunday was a busy day. I awakened early for a bowl of something yummy...Cheerios with cranberries. Mmm. Why did I never try it before? [I am also enjoying raisins in my Cream of Wheat for sweetness instead of heaps of brown sugar and butter for flavor like grew up on. And, leaving the brown sugar outta my oatmeal and loading it with cranberries, raisins, sliced apples, almonds, cinnamon, nutmeg, and a spoonful of almond/peanut butter...rich and flavorful without the sugar!

I was up early for worship choir Sunday. It was our first Sunday to incorporate some Spanish into the worship in celebration of the growth of our Spanish speaking ministry and the interpreting live that occurs during services (thanks to Alejandro and some other helpers!). After breakfast, I put some balloons on the bedroom door, wrote chalk love notes out to his car, inserted the newest Brad Paisley album in his CD player so it would play when he turned the key in the ignition, placed a painting where he would see it quickly upon awakening (by the shower!), and snuck out the door to allow my now 30-year-old to sleep in. 
 After an awesome morning at church, we returned home with a bucket of chicken (I think I will probably never eat KFC as that one small piece as just terrible, but I am glad that he enjoyed one of his favorite cholesterol laden treats!), made a tasty salad, then played our new game Settlers of Catan. A friend joined for round two, then we ran for a volleyball game, and finished off the day at Matador with volleyball buddies.
Thirty-something now! :) I love him with all my heart and am grateful for the humble, silly, Latin accented, patient, loving, gentle, intelligent, nerdy, Christ-loving, kind, generous, thoughtful, man he is.

No comments:


Blog Archive