Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sol!

I am unbelievably jazzed about the dazzling sun outside. I took an hour walk with a co-worker to admire the warmth in person instead of from my window. It felt great. I was wearing capris, sandals, and a tank top and sweating just a tad as we strolled down Grand Avenue oohing over the classic Victorian homes.
I guess it's been awhile since I saw this kinda sun here, in Washington, within my reach. And, well, I love it. I want it! :) I am so thrilled that I am ready to throw on my bikini and scamper onto our deck for some lizard-like sun-bathing, but I know that isn't necessarily the best idea when it's still really too chilly and breezy.

I mean, seriously, right now it's toasty in my office, a summery wind is shimmering the blinds on my windows thrown open for breeze, the cars are glowing with the heat of the sunshine, and it's dry as can be outside (what does dry mean again?). But...it's 61 degrees. Really? Is this what we have come to live for? Is 60 degrees what inspires me to desire being scantily clad and run through a lawn sprinkler? Yikes. It's gotten sad around here.
I think I need to disappear to warmer climates and vacation myself away to bring back the true feeling of 85 degree heat rather than just dream of what it is like and conjure up a distant memory. Plus, that danged rain is coming back with a vengeance in just a few short days. Arg. The good news that I revel in is Kirkland is always warmer than my ocean air fanned office building so I can count on a few extra degrees. Therefore, I am hoping to see something peeking into the 70's on Friday. Yes, please. I would like to wear shorts, get a Slurpee, and open all the windows in the house!

No comments:


Blog Archive