Sunday, May 22, 2011

Friday...Jumping on the Bed, Treasure-Filled Oatmeal, Microsoft Lunch, and Crepe Cafe Date

Friday was sleeping in after a night of not so great sleep until 9am. Eggs, treasure-filled oatmeal, jumping on the bed while folding laundry and Skyping the sistie, lunch with husband and friend at Microsoft in their Commons which is like a fancy mall and reminds me I could live at Microsoft if I needed and they need to just get it over with and officially become a city, books, napping, completing The Hobbit, a little yard and house work, and running around the back yard. Lunch was a fun treat since I haven't lunched at Microsoft in some time and I had never lunched there with my friend Sok. It was quick and hectic with all those nerds running around and their spouses and children pouring in for lunch on a sunny day. Enjoyable and sweet conversation with those I care for.
That evening, Alejandro and I went to one of our favorites with a Restaurants.com coupon--The Crepe Cafe. There's nothing not to love about that quaint, darling cafe on 65th just down from Third Place Books. It is delightful and charming and truly inspires a romantic mood whenever we arrive. Plus we get to use a coupon and pay less which means we can eat salad, a savory crepe or two, and a dessert crepe all for about $30-40. The cost is worth the drive. The ambiance hits a tender place in my heart with sweet love songs playing mingling with a lot of Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald. Makes me pine for jazz again. They dim the lights, candles undulate around the room, the tables are small for cozier snuggling of your dear one and more intimate voice level of conversation. Your water is brought in a carafe with lemon. The presentation of each crepe is impeccable. The salads are generous. When you order tea it comes so that you can steep it yourself in a delicate container that probably has some technical tea buff name. The grill is out in the open with bottles of wine on shelves above, under, and beside, so you can watch the batter of your crepe being poured and cleverly created by the young expert chef who has an Australian accent and sings along as she whips up your taste bud's delights. The waitress is always the same young lady with a smile and just enough service. It's fun to be there because I know we will focus on the one across the table, lock eyes, and savor food and favorite company until we are too full to stay any longer. Try The Crepe Cafe, especially with a Restaurants.com coupon. You won't regret.

No comments:


Blog Archive