Friday, January 14, 2011

Pregnant Sin

In my reading this morning of A Purpose Driven Life, by Rick Warren, I loved his statement on page 204 in the chapter titled "Growing Through Temptation": "...a little sin is like being a little pregnant: It will eventually show itself." Abort sin. Be rid of it. Don't think that you have enough will power and strength to just go a little of the way. Turn from evil and flee. Don't stroll away with a few glances back--flee! It reminds me of how much to hate sin and hate that I allow my fleshly desires to give in. We will be tempted many times every day in life, but the denial and resistance of that temptation is what makes us stronger and mature to grow closer to and more like Christ.

PS- I hate abortion when it relates to babies, never support it, and am NOT ok with it, but because it is such a strong and filthy word it's very fitting to use in a visual for getting rid of sin which is filthy.

No comments: