Saturday, January 15, 2011

Moving Forward

As I write I hear the scream of chainsaws, vibrations of grinders, and the hum of other electrical devices that are knocking many of the trees in our yard to the ground. Those maples yielded the most beautiful and massive fall-colored leaves throughout autumn, but they as well yielded hours upon hours of labor to rake, suck, mulch, dump, blow, and clean, clean, clean. I seriously think that 50,000 or more leaves drop from those two trees in the fall time. We will now have a small clearing to put up a fence this summer so we can protect our yard from the riff raff and dangers of North Kirkland passersby and rowdy teenagers stirring up no good as they depart the school bus each weekday afternoon (plus, more easily envision a little puppy scampering through the grass). I realize I am a nerd about accomplishing things around our house in that I get super excited to see the progress and transformation. (I work to focus on the fun rather than being a task master.) I feel so happy I want to hurray! Sorry to see the beauty of those trees crash to the ground, but intrigued to see what project will come next!

No comments: