My days in Mexico are numbered...in fact, today is my last day here until some future holiday vacation post-marriage. I finished up classes last Friday and then promptly hopped a bus from Cuernavaca to Puebla the following morning to meet Alejandro's family for a day of zoo/African safari exploration. It was an adventure and kinda crazy to see a ginormous Bengal tiger stroll towards our car and practically brush my door with his long tail. Yesterday we ventured into the mountains of Xalapa to seek the perfect Christmas trees. Can't wait to decorate my own tree with sparkles and lights and listen to unending Christmas carols!
There is much thinking, re-acculturating, and processing to complete starting with tomorrow when I step foot in the USA once more for a baby niece visit before my final landing on Friday evening on the homefront. It's hard to believe that I completed 300 hours of classes learning Spanish and to realize how much more I can understand after this time away. I feel so thankful for it. What a blessing. Not everyone is able to take advantage of an opportunity like mine, so it's pretty amazing for me to think about! I remember when it was only a dream and thought. With the support, motivation, and encouragement of those who love me, I made it happen. It's pretty surreal. God is so faithful to have provided this experience for me.
Below you see three pictures: 1) Sarah and I in the park on my last day in town. The reason we took the picture was not for ourselves, but for the couple in the background making out who Sarah called "the straddlers". Lots of Mexican younguns hang out in public places like this park in the center of town getting physical cause they live with their parents and it's not permitted at home. Meanwhile...we all have to watch and I choose to laugh and take awkward pictures! 2) Sarah and I celebrating the last day with an ice cream. 3) Enrique, the Spanish department director, myself, and David, the school director, with my certificate of completion. Esto es todo.



No comments:
Post a Comment