Happy Easter! It is looking to be a beautiful day in Kirkland today on this Easter Sunday. The sun is peeking out from behind the clouds, the birds are chirping, the flowers are blooming with new life, and I am rocking out to Dave Crowder's "How Great." I read about the death and resurrection of Jesus this morning in John and Matthew and, wow, I still cannot fathom even in a tiny way what a sacrifice that was. And the fact that He actually experienced all of the sin, pain, torture, and evil of this world in one overwhelming moment on the cross before He surrendered His precious life. For me. For you. It's not something that can be appropriately expressed, understood, or felt. Yet, it can be, but in such an overwhelming way that words dont come to describe it all.
I was thinking about my journey in serving Christ and it's like all of the hype of fresh salvation and youth group and living in the dorms of a Christian school have faded and now it's me and Jesus trying to figure out how to make this real and not some fake little relationship that breathes only when there is loud music, flashing lights, and intense preaching. Jesus and me, well, it's just us for the rest of eternity and there is something comfortable and peaceful about that, but it becomes easy to lose the excitement of my salvation. I just have to remind myself to continue to remember the days of my commitment to faith and what that means now. When I think upon that, wow, it's like my soul wants to explode with all of the joy and phenomenon of Jesus. Jesus Christ rose again from the grave today and He did it all so that there would be eternal life and happiness for YOU and ME.
1 comment:
Halleluj, little bunny friend! (don't ask why I just called you a bunny, but I did...). :) Seriously. Amen.
I have been so renewed and excited about the Lord and the beauty of salvation through our risen Savior! We're supposed to be joyful in season and out. We have the best reason in the UNIVERSE to be so. :)
Post a Comment