While I continually feel underappreciated for the fact that I am conjointly raising children with their parents and heartfelt praise is few and far between, I realize that some of the most interesting affirmations have been bestowed upon me as a nanny:
1) Wonder Woman- simply because I can take care of two kids and clean the house simultaneously. it's easy, you just turn it into entertainment for the kids, get super fast at cleaning when they are eating, or rapidly complete all cleaning-type tasks when the last little eyes close for nap time
2) Super Nanny- i just dont know when or why this occurred
3) Surrogate Mommy- referred to as this when babies want me more than they want mommy and they see me more than they see their own parents. honestly, it's a kinda good feeling when the kid is running to hug you when you get there and when he tenderly leans into slobber an open-mouthed baby kiss on me. love it.
Though I repeatedly want to be paid more for the exorbitant amount of work I do in the form of cleaning, tidying, and more and the vast extent of disciplining, diapering, feeding, playing, bottling, etc, etc, I know that one of God's beautiful reminders of who we are to Him is children and not the amount of money I make watching kids. We as God's children are so precious in His sight and that is how I attempt to view my little guys even when it's poopy diaper #2 of the day or one of them is hitting and biting me without ceasing. Christ loves us inspite of the crap that we have in our lives, inspite of our impatience, unkindness, and proudness. He loves us in such a tender way because we are His children. Yay! Kiss a baby-- it'll make you happy!
2 comments:
I love your last sentence--"kiss a baby, it'll make you happy!" I'm sure it would! I wish there was some cute baby around here TO kiss!!
And I don't know if I'd be so optimistic about changing all those poopy diapers. I have a pretty intense gag reflex when it comes to two things: boogers and poop. How am I ever going to have my own children? :)
You will be a great mommy some day. Not because you're "super nanny" but because you love people! Yay for loving people! That's why you're such a good friend.
"kiss a baby, it'll make you happy" well, I did that last night over and over! I was hanging out with one of my friends who happens to have an ADORABLE 5 month old little girl named Sophie. I can't tell you the pleasure that I got from playing with her and feeling her little kisses. Ahhh...what joy.
Post a Comment