I cannot say enough about how thankful I am for the seasons the Lord takes us through in our lives. The ups, the downs, the mountaintops, the valleys...they all have purpose. If I did not endure heartache, pain, suffering, trials, frustration, and struggle, then I would not be who I am today. I would not have been allowed the opportunity to be molded in the hands of the potter and continually shaped into the woman He wants me to become and who He is making me into. Sometimes I get so fed up with growing up, but then I realize that I will always be growing up, changing, transforming. And, actually, thank goodness for that. I don't want to be the same person I am today a year from now. I want to know God more, love people better, and live life more fully. And, so every time I hear this song, I find thrill, excitement, tenderness, and joy in it because Jesus knows that we must go through seasons in our lives, just like the world around us changes through summer, autumn, winter, and spring. How beautiful and precious that is. This song is dear to me, especially because I think that the "You" she talks about is Jesus.
EVERY SEASON
by Nichole Nordeman
Every evening sky, an invitation
To trace the patterned stars
And early in July, a celebration
For freedom that is ours
And I notice You
In children’s games
In those who watch them from the shade
Every drop of sun is full of fun and wonder
You are summer
And even when the trees have just surrendered
To the harvest time
Forfeiting their leaves in late September
And sending us inside
Still I notice You when change begins
And I am braced for colder winds
I will offer thanks for what has been and was to come
You are autumn
And everything in time and under heaven
Finally falls asleep
Wrapped in blankets white, all creation
Shivers underneath
And still I notice you
When branches crack
And in my breath on frosted glass
Even now in death, You open doors for life to enter
You are winter
And everything that’s new has bravely surfaced
Teaching us to breathe
What was frozen through is newly purposed
Turning all things green
So it is with You
And how You make me new
With every season’s change
And so it will be
As You are re-creating me
Summer, autumn, winter, spring
No comments:
Post a Comment