Tuesday, November 14, 2006

it's been awhile...

i have sucked at blogging the last few weeks. i pretty much have no homework left between now and january, but lots of other commitments have occupied my time. I have been working 16-24 hours a week for my families I nanny for and loving my babies. I have been trying to spend more time with family and friends. Sometimes I have class, also.

I have also been at my internship around 10-30 hours a week. I am finding that I want to spend time there. I am fascinated by each new client added to my caseload as well as the opportunities that abound in a well-run non-profit organization that seeks to serve youth and their families. It's an empowering feeling to hear about all of the services offered and all of the other organizations in the community that can meet the most basic needs of food and shelter to those that will offer security in times of abuse to those that can simply provide a safe place for one to talk. The fact that I am a part of that humbles me. The young, moldable lives that I have the chance to influence and transform are right in front of my face. I feel vulnerable, unprepared, and weak. However, if I daily remember that I am not in the process of becoming a counselor to please myself, my friends, my family, my supervisor, my fellow interns, or any other human being for that matter, but to glorify the Lord...then I realize what a great responsibility I have, that vulnerability commands a relationship of respect and trust, how prepared I really am, and how strong I am in Christ.

Thank goodness for that. Otherwise, I would be failing everyday and falling short of the purpose that has been given me.

1 comment:

Ash said...

It's okay if you suck at blogging. Actually, I don't know how anybody can really "suck at blogging." By definition, blogging doesn't take any skill. ;)

But it's so cool what you are learning and how the Lord is renewing your fervor and passion, even if it's just for your work. Because overall, it's for people!

I love you Dulc!