Friday, March 25, 2011

Blogging and Journaling

I have been plugging away at this blog for 4.5 years now. Phew. That's a lot of information, thoughts, questions, details, pictures, events, stories, processing, and more. I recall when I started it. My biggest desire was to communicate with family, friends, and those interested about my time in Tepic, Mexico for a month in 2006 while I was completing a cultural immersion experience for grad school. Simply relay the occurrences of a few week journey and be done. But this has continued on into a definitely enjoyable time of recording my life's events, my secret thoughts, and the desires of my heart. I love to write and offer connection through written word. I am glad I still keep it up on occasion because of the slow and painful near death of my journaling days. I would really like to pick up journaling again, which I was so faithful too for many years in the form of prayers and crying out to the Lord or venting and commenting to myself and God about life. Marriage has lowered my desire to write at length. My time to read for my Bible devotional time at home and spend time with God almost always included scratching out a few late-night paragraphs on paper, but this has come to a miserable halt and my consistency to writing ceased. I know I'll be back to journaling soon within months or years because those are my deepest secrets and dreams, but now I can share them out loud with my best friend while snuggling in bed at night and reading a chapter of Scripture followed by some prayer together. It works great this way. My heart is still happy and I share it all with God and another person instead of with a paper. So, cheers to blogging and journaling as they can suit you at various times in life.

No comments: