Monday, March 14, 2011

2TWO2

:) Today represents 2two2 years. 2Two2 years since seeing Slumdog Millionaire at the Woodinville Cinemas. 2Two2 years since sharing popcorn and brushing hands with my heart doing flip flops so I kept going back for more. 2Two2 years since we awkwardly stood outside chatting too late until my friend went home and it was too cold to stand beside the car in the parking lot so we got in. 2Two2 years since that conversation into late night that seemed so short until we were the only cars left at the theater. 2Two2 years since I finally called my boy out and told him I knew what his feelings were. 2Two2 years since he asked me to be his girlfriend. 2Two2 years since he matter-of-factly requested to hold my hand and I almost passed out of the symphony of sensations that simultaneously melted me inside and made my heart stop, shallow breaths quicken, and mind melt. 2Two2 years since that hug goodbye and promise to meet again tomorrow. 2Two2 years since I had my first date at Olive Garden and we snuggled side-by-side in the booth while he calmly enjoyed my awkward presence. 2Two2 years since I didn't feel like eating anything because he made me so delightfully nervous which was a major accomplishment on his part. 2Two2 years since he asked if he could kiss me (we were in yet another parking lot) as I left for babysitting. 2Two2 years since I felt myself float away on a tingly cloud of bubbly joy under such a sweet and wonderful kiss. 2Two2 years since Jesus unofficially started a lifetime of partnership of two best friends. 2Two2 years since God influenced and nudged us to make one of the greatest and most meaningful decisions of our lives. 2Two2 years since God blessed us in an immeasurable way and wowed us with His way of touching our hearts and bringing our lives together. 2Two2 years since the best parts of the rest of my life began alongside my handsome, my love, my better half, my encourager, my partner in crime and compadre, my sweet boy, my guapo, my husband. 2Two2 years.

No comments: