Wednesday I completed all my work in a timely fashion after I sent my last client out the door, wrapped up all paperwork, shut down the computer, put away files, and pulled out my purse and workout bag to change and head out the door. $%!*@#... my workout bag had running shoes, a zip up fleece sweatshirt, and a pair of socks. They would hardly allow me into the gym in that stylish attire sans pants and shirt. Arg. So, my gym plans were thwarted because of distraction the night before when I would usually have packed up my bag for the next day with sports bra, yoga pants, and favorite workout shirt. I grumbled, turned on my computer and worked a few more minutes. Then, a lightbulb turned on and I called my husband. It's spring, we must go bicycling!!
After our first bicycling excursion of the year last Saturday when the sun peeked out, a week night ride was only making sense, so when I arrived home, I changed up the clothes and we grabbed our helmets for a short cruise. We literally shut the garage and pulled out of the driveway into the street and a powerful rain shower came down out of no where in that exact moment. Arg. My plans were yet again foiled. Not cool. So we opened up the garage and begrudgingly and dejectedly hung our helmets up on our handle bars to go in for the night.
Peering behind us at the rain pattering down on the sunshiney asphalt we viewed it stop before our eyes again. Yes, stop raining. That's it, we're going. So we bicycled out into the street again. In between the rain drops from street to street, trail to trail, and back home a little bit damp since the clouds moved faster than our pedals could pedal we bicycled. And it was freakin' cold. We'll be checking the temperature and weather reports next time we decide to venture out for a ride!
No comments:
Post a Comment