Yesterday was a lovely day off of get 'er done business around the house. I did things that I loathe like mopping the entirety of our wood floors...on hands and knees with spray and a rag. Phew. Elbow grease does the trick, but I am not a fan of that activity which is why I put it off. Why is it I hate mopping so much? I don't know. There are other chores I despise like cleaning the toilet or put off but don't mind doing like ironing, but mopping is yucky and I despise it and put it off.
On another note, we had a pizza party this weekend that went off well. We grabbed all ingredients to make pizza, set them up on the counter, and told our guests to have at it and decorate their own yummy little creation. There were a modge podge of toppings and sauces to select from, but everyone delighted in Alejandro's green salsa sauced pizzas. So yummy. I think I'll make another one tonight. Mmm. Our third personal pizza creating gone down with success. This indicates a need for more in the future.
I so much want one more good snow. One more fantastic dump of white goodness. One more snow day home from work where we can't make it out of the house and get to cozy up inside with cocoa, grilled cheese sandwiches, movies, good books, and bundle up for an afternoon trudge through the mounds. Sigh. I like a day or two of that a year and it would do my heart good to have a snuggly day of that sort when I can't help but do nothing because I don't have anything planned or a to-do list created. I sat in my office for the first several hours of the morning getting cancellation calls, waiting for clients to show up and enjoying the flurries falling profusely from the heavy clouds in the sky. I got a little excited, though I usually am a skeptic about snow sticking and with good reason, and then it all melted by 1pm. Boo, so sad. I have hope yet for tonight, but not so much that I am not planning on being around for a full day of work in the office tomorrow. What fun it would be to be stuck in the house for a day of cuddles on the soft brown couch. Maybe it's not the time for it.
The next trip on our schedule involves multiple country travel. Hurrah! US to Mexico to Peru to Chile. I will truly have to sit down and tell a little bit more about what we will be doing and where we will journey to next. Life is so full of surprises and I think that Chile will be one of those for us. What do You have in store, God? We are so curious at Your plan. We cannot wait to unwrap the present beneath the tree and see what is inside for our lives.
Our weekend involves a massage for me--thank you very much--two delightful lunch dates with two delightful couples who I enjoy passing time with, and working on our taxes. Is it weird that I look forward to spending a few hours locked in the office with my husband to do this task? I think it's because it will be time with him (I just can't get enough!) and it will be a reminder in looking at our funds and how much God has blessed us. He is so faithful and I cannot begin to justify and rightly give words to the amazing ways He reminds Alejandro and I of this in our lives, almost on a weekly basis, in some phenomenal way. Faithful that God. He's faithful.
No comments:
Post a Comment