Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Thunder of the Ages

Something I never get over when I step outside of Washington is that places actually have thunder storms that come along with their rain. Imagine that. Let me tell you the thunder is phenomenal here and the lightning incredible. What awakens me first in the night is the lightning (relampago) because it's so bright I feel like someone is flashing a spotlight in my slumbering eyes. It's craaazy. Then, the thunder (trueno) totally shakes the house and is ridiculously, amazingly loud. I don't know how people ever sleep through it. I feel as if lightning and thunder are going to strike my bed and shake it across the room! You have to see...er, hear it to believe it, though if you live anywhere besides Washington you know what I am talking about. Still, the storms I have experienced in other parts of Mexico, Costa Rica, Texas, Panama, and more are teeny compared to these vibrations and illuminations. Hopefully the heat, humidity, damp, and noise of the rainy season will depart in a few weeks and I will be left with less sweat on my body at the end of the day.

1 comment:

Emily b said...

So amazing! Florida has some pretty serious thunder storms as well...it shakes the house some times too! Sounds like you're taking in all kinds of wonderful things Dulcy! So excited for this experience you're getting to have!


Blog Archive