Monday, October 12, 2009

Things I Appreciate about the Catholic Church




Though I am not Catholic, I have nothing against the denomination and went to mass the last two Sundays since I wanted a little corporate worship time. Their style is not my style of worship and so I could speak of the things which I do not care for or agree with, but I would rather discuss the items I enjoyed. I appreciate Catholicism because they:


1) Worship the same Father, Son, and Holy Spirit I do

2) Read and believe the same Holy Bible

3) Maintain a reverence for God and their faith

4) Raise the Bible above their heads while processing into the church and before reading it which I presume has something to do with the Bible being above us in authority rather than below us or at our level

5) Offer familiar services at whatever church you attend across the world as far as the order and general style of worship

6) Encourage people to speak "peace" to each other during their greeting time

7) Actually get on their knees in prayer. When was the last time I saw that?

8) Make a big deal out of respecting and giving honor to the priests

No comments:


Blog Archive