Saturday, December 27, 2008

as I gear up to slip and slide out to the garage and start my chilled little car up for a drive to a nearby coffee shop, I realize that it's the first time since last Saturday afternoon I have even hoped to drive in the 17+ inches of snow that have fallen the last two weeks. some days I feel plagued with restlessness to leave the house and be offered a change of scenery, other days I am more reflective and embrace the forceful blessing from Mother Nature to relax and rest. what definitely comes to mind is the whole Ecclesiastes concept of there being a time and season for everything. this time and season, i see indubitably that God wants me to not forget how to chill out, read three books in one week, cook multiple relatively gourmet meals myself in a few days, and sleep a full night for at least a week straight. work can wait, duty can wait, schedule can wait. but for this time, i revel in not rushing, not stressing and in allowing my mind, body, and heart recovery from the thoughts and activities that have taken their, sometimes overwhelming, toll upon my psyche creating a weary Dulcy. God was trying to communicate a precious message by laying a blanket of winter wonderland in my midst--be not weary, cast all your cares and burdens on Me, rest in My presence, My child. ahhh, i shall.

No comments:


Blog Archive