Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2009 is rapidly approaching...seven point five hours and counting. Therefore, I am spending time reflecting. So much has taken place in the length and simultaneous brevity of 2008. Transformations, changes, struggles, strife, disparity, joy, triumph, pain, beauty, and growth. I anticipate that life will always continue to offer such quality for if it did not, what would make it worthy of living? Perhaps my ponderances are not simply a result of a turning of the annual clock, but also due to a plethora of family surrounding me with questions about my activities, as well as the bonus of moments to think, think, think as snow heaped generously outdoors, challenging me to face many thoughts that had only briefly crossed my mind previously.


I spoke to a sweet Costa Rican man named Marco today who offered such a depth of encouragement in a few simple words. He knew me through a fleeting five-minute conversation and yet blanketed my flighty heart with peaceful words. With a few beautifully accented phrases, I was tenderly calmed, not simply pacified, to know that I know nothing--Christ is the One who has all my answers. He said that we cannot say "yes" or "no," but only God can. He cheerily joked, "We can only say 'maybe.'" Then he added, "We will pray for you, you need many prayers." Ah, he read my mind.

Another truth that rings in my thoughts is that God will not give us more than we can handle. God must trust me enormously as well as many I am close with to have us go through some of the struggles we have, but, He knows what he's doing I suppose.

One more thing to mention as reminded to me by my twin sis is that God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called. Remember that Dulcy.

No comments:


Blog Archive