Ahh, another year to join the ranks. 2007 has come and gone and on to 2008. Something I like to take at least 30 seconds to do is to reflect upon the last year and think about what I learned. I found in the year 2007 that my lessons centered primarily around relationships, which is probably how it usually happens for someone like me who lives and exists for relational experiences. Explaining is unnecessary. I'll just say a few thoughts and colloquialisms in a list to feel like I accomplished some concrete thoughts. 1) Do not take relationships for granted...enjoy what you have while it's there.
2) Focus on the positive of a relationship and let the little annoyances go or they will become a hindrance to healthy growth in the relationship.
3) Listen to Jesus when He says, "Love your neighbor as yourself." If I can love someone as Jesus intended, I shouldnt need to mess around with all of the annoyances anyways.
4) Pray for your enemies or those you are struggling with...it makes a world of difference when your heart is pulling for someone rather than grumbling and thinking negatively.
5) If you cant say anything nice, dont say it at all (saves me from a lot of heartache these days).
6) If all else fails, remember you are still loved unconditionally, wholeheartedly, unwaveringly by the Lord no matter what you do or what you think others think of you or where your relationships are at.
7) Expect great things from relationships, but dont expect too much and set yourself up for failure.
8) Don't play games. It's not good for anyone, especially yourself.
9) Spend quality time and there will be enough nurturing if that relationship is meant to be that any other frustrations will seem smaller in comparison.
10) Perspective, perspective, perspective. It isnt always going to be this way and it wasnt always this way. Stop being so dramatic about it.
11) You're worth it. Don't stand for crap or being treated with disrespect.
12) Prioritize those relationships that are important to you, but dont forget to think of taking care of yourself in there and dont feel bad if you have to put yourself first over others sometimes no matter what they say.
No comments:
Post a Comment