Thursday, December 06, 2007

Update

I wanted to post an update on the latest in my life! I started working about a month ago at a big kid job. I am a child and family therapist full-time now. I am doing what I signed up to do when I began grad school--counseling, helping, listening, supporting, caring. Working where I want to be, with clients I enjoy, and great co-workers has been a joy already. As of today, my caseload is at 14 and not even half way full, but that means that my days go really quickly. My clients are age 3.5 up to 17 which keeps me on my toes with each age and situation. I feel blessed and honored serving in the position that I am and to be working alongside co-workers who are so knowledgable, experienced, and helpful. The support that I received while searching for a job meant so much, so thanks to all who were there for me day after day for several months.

The result of my newfound employment coupled with a new membership to 24-Hour Fitness is that I am gone a lot and attempting to balance my schedule. The new challenge...finding time, figuring out when to eat, grocery shop, sleep, read, check my email, clean, have time for me, do Christmas decorating, blog, etc. Thankfully I will be able to conquer that with some determination, support, and prayer. Hopefully more to come later and much sooner than a month.

3 comments:

Sarah Anne said...

Congrats Dulcy! I'm so thrilled for you! This job is definitely right up your alley and those kids are so blessed to have you as a counselor. Praying that you continued to be blessed abundantly!

Dulcinator said...

thanks, miss sarah. you are an encouragement! :)

Anonymous said...

I know that you will touch and change many lives for the best. I know that is what you are meant to do from the day that I met you because you are such an extraordinary and caring person.

~morgan