Happy Independence Day!!
I LOVE this day!
It just so happens to be sunny today and to start a streak of summer weather around this place finally. But other features I love are...
...my husband gets the day off
...barbecued meals and treats abound
...red white and blue desserts!
...red white and blue attire (my toes are totally red and blue with sparkles right now!)
...working in the yard or outside on projects together
...no need to plan ahead on buying presents or making that side dish you always bring for Christmas or another holiday
...it is not celebrating anyone, but rather celebrates everyone's freedom
...summer fruit
...sandals and sunglasses
...swimsuits and suntans
...fireworks!
...sparklers
...all the neighbors out in their yards
...the smell of freshly cut grass
...laughter of children
...lawn games
This year seems particularly momentous as I am working on declaring and processing through freedom from some things of the past. I am starting (today!!) my second Beth Moore study called Breaking Free. The title alone simultaneously scares me and thrills me beyond belief. I will more than likely share a tidbit here and there about it because Beth Moore has been known to greatly inspire me with her awesomeness and the way that God so clearly speaks to me through the time I invest in these studies to grow in my faith and relationship with Him.
Raise your glass of sparkling red punch with blueberries in it to a day to celebrate freedom--the most important freedom of all--freedom in Christ!
No comments:
Post a Comment