Thursday, May 31, 2012

Lately...

...digging listening to my Looking for Paradise radio station on Pandora that features lots of Alejandro Sanz (not to be confused with my husband), Mana, and more good Latin music that my husband sings along to and knows most of the words too which I find so sweet and makes my heart leap.

...can't get enough of veggie chips...you know the kinda that are made of green beans, carrots, zucchini dried out and salted. So yummy and crunchy and salty and a little sweet. Mmm!

...I'm so not into allowing others to verbally treat me or others with disrespect and get away with it. I don't care how you are feeling or hurting or frustrated- it's never ok to take it out on someone else. And, if you do (because everyone screws up sometimes), admit your wrong, apologize, make sure the person is ok, and validate their feelings. Please.

...looking forward to a massage and counseling appointments coming up in the next few days.

...making an effort to attend yoga classes at least once a week even though it's hard to contort my tight muscles into those positions and I have come to loathe downward dogs, I adore the last few minutes which feel like a daycare full of toddlers on their nap mats relaxing into sleep and stretching my body out after the intense workouts the other days of the week.

...my Zune is tuned to Tim Keller message after Tim Keller message. His words are encouraging and his voice calms me. I would like him to read the Bible aloud and record it and send it to me to read for bedtime relaxation.

...taking longer to fall asleep at night which is not the norm for me. Too much on my mind? I am not sure.

...attempting to improve my minimal volleyball skills so I don't make an extra big fool out of myself and can be a contributing team member on our Tuesday night co-ed team.

...I think and wonder about what life will be like with a fifteen-year-old in our home for the year in two months.

...sip, sip, sipping from my new water bottle with the sippy straw/

...playing a lot of Settler's of Catan on the XBox with Alejandro. Team work and winning are fun... :-/

...I watch new episodes of Glee and America's Next Top Model enjoying the passionate bursting out in music and fantastic dance numbers as well as the psychology behind modeling and seeing who has what it takes.

...Proverbs has kept my head busy as I read through it as I ponder the powerful wiles of my tongue, the need for wisdom, thinking before speaking and acting (God help me), seeking counsel, not confiding in those we do not trust or who let their tongue run away from them because their tongue will speak similarly of me, and hoping for calmness and answers to everyday life choices and some more difficult ones too.

...building my caseload continually at work and remembering (or attempting to remember) that I'm not in this to get rich, but to minister to these people and share God's love in words and actions.

...completed reading The Birth Order Book by Kevin Lehman and enjoyed learning more about why we are the way we are based partly upon the family we were raised in and how we fell in our sibling line up.

...I have sat beside my husband as he casts his fishing line at a lake or river while I read a book or watch his skills.

...not a fan of the words hubs, hubby, or hubster. Why do people switch the 's' and 'b' around? It's a grating nails on a chalkboard sound to me. Ugh. Sorry if that's your favorite name to call your husband or have someone else call their husband. Just. Ugh. For me...

...soaking up every last minute at the gym to get a good work out in.

...soaking up every last minute with Alejandro to strengthen our relationship.

No comments: