Friday, December 30, 2011

So tragic. I forgot my paints! I was so much looking forward to having some extra time to create and experiment and improve my preschool-like painting skills when we are lingering between events, while others are at work, and while we are just relaxing a house not our own and therefore minus the distractions our home can bring us. Typically I have more time to let the inspiration flow forth if I am surrounded by a culture that thrills me as Mexican culture almost always has power to do, near the beach, and enjoying new experiences.

I am still reading stories by LM Montgomery. It started as a desire to catch up on Anne of Green Gables stories again as it had been awhile. Alejandro put some stories by Lucy Maud on my new Christmas Kindle and they ended up being short stories which are fun to read. Just as you get into the story it is over, but that great part is her crafty imagination and the flowing language she uses to show her reveries.

I never thought I would like a Kindle, in fact thought I would quite despise such an electronic device and miss turning the pages of my books. I am however enjoying it. I have a more compact one without lots of fancy features because Alejandro knows I don't get much into fanciness when it comes to electronics (clothes, jewelry, decorations, adornment, and the like are always acceptable as fancies!). What I like is how thin and light the Kindle I have is. We are on vacation visiting family in Mexico and my suitcase saved many many pounds of book weight this time. The Bible is loaded onto my Kindle along with several books so rather than carting a Bible, two or three books to read, and a journal with me across country borders, I have the Kindle and my journal. Perfect. Simple. Lighter. So sophisticated! My only concern is taking it to the beach and leaving it while I play in the water or being at a pool and wanting to read while I am in the water, but being nervous of it getting wet or taking it's own dip in the cool waters. We'll see how that works out, but, for now, it is serving it's purpose well.

In fact, right now I am going to go read another scrumptious short story. It will keep me occupied enough to forget my woes of lacking watercolors.

No comments: