*The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him. --Psalm 28:7
*My lips will shout for joy when I sing praise to you— I whom you have delivered. --Psalm 71:23
*The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. --Psalm 126:3
*...bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor...instead of your shame you will receive a double portion, and instead of disgrace you will rejoice in your inheritance. And so you will inherit a double portion in your land, and everlasting joy will be yours. --Isaiah 61:3, 7
*So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. --Matthew 28:8
*Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. --James 2:3
*Joy: the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying; keen pleasure; elation. 2. a source or cause of keen pleasure or delight; something or someone greatly valued or appreciated. 3. the expression or display of glad feeling; festive gaiety. 4. a state of happiness or felicity. --Dictionary.com
My heart beats with exceeding JOY. My Savior died for me. My Jesus came to earth two millenia ago for me.
I sit cozy on the chocolate-colored, velvety couch, cross legged and in the dim and peaceful lighting of twinkling Christmas lights upon our festive tree. My heart does a little leap when it sees the beauty of a room darkened from lamps and blaring white lights and warmed by the glowing sparkle and charm of the many little yellows lights. I am not sure why I love them so much, but I have to have them every where at Christmastime.
There is JOY emanating, radiating, and beaming from my soul. Like a million Christmas lights bright and shouting a heavenly message. Joy in my heart. Thank You, Jesus. Contentment fills my soul, tops off my thoughts, and overflows in my actions when it is at it's true depth. A warm home. A husband who loves me with a tenderness and delight that captivates me. A Jesus who sacrificed for all because of His vast love. I am singing a song in my heart for it all.
I feel that we have inherited that double portion. That the Lord has bestowed something greater than we can fathom because of His faithfulness, not our own might. There is so much generosity and brimming over of that cup. I feel like the woman who discovered Jesus had risen from His tomb and come to life again as she scurried from the empty burial chambers into the crowds of people to shout His name and the Truth with JOY bursting forth from her lips. Like I have the best secret in the world that cannot stay within, but must get out to be shared with everyone. Even in trial and testing, in struggle and pain, He is the song of deep joy and happiness. JOY, JOY, JOY!!
Joy to the world, the Lord is come! Let earth receive her King. Let every heart prepare Him room. Joy to the world, the Savior reigns. He rules the world with truth and grace. Joy to the world!
No comments:
Post a Comment