I depart on Saturday for Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico, also known as "The Land of Eternal Spring" because the temperatures average in the mid-70's year-round. Perfecto, I say. I will live with one of my pal's sister's family probably for the duration of my time attending Cuauhnahuac Spanish Language Institute to aprender mas espanol.
www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuernavaca
http://www.cuauhnahuac.edu.mx/
I partly cannot contain my excitement and partly feel so worried- what should I expect? What will the place be like? What will the people be like? What will the bathrooms be like (always a point of concern)? What will the food be like (another point of concern)? Will it be too hot, too rainy, too cold? Will I be really homesick? Will I be bored? Will I learn enough Spanish? Will I run out of money without working for three months? Will I get sick? Will I have fun? Will I meet interesting people who actually want to and have time to hang out? Will I like the school? Will my bed be comfortable? Will I get bitten my a daytime malarial mosquito? Will I find a church? Will I get to talk to my family and Alejandro enough? Will I be able to pack enough stuff? What will the airplane and bus rides be like to get there? Will I be clueless as I travel because I don't speak enough Spanish?
And so on and so forth. God whispers and, then at times, shouts to me: DO NOT WORRY, my dear one. He reminds me of this verse in Matthew 6:25 that paints so clearly to not place concern on the little, trivial things or the big, important things. He is faithful and He will take care of the little and the big things whether I am in Mexico, Monroe, Moravia, or Mars.
No comments:
Post a Comment