a current practice I am attempting to habituate into my daily life as recommended by a supervisor at work is to think of "three good things". not necessarily three things I am thankful for as Oprah might prod us to do or three things that I like or three positive things or even three compliments, but three good things that are good to me in this day, in this moment, that are good to my heart, in my life.
since I am a believer in the strength of positive self-talk/thought and our own personal ability to transform our cognitions I have bought into this idea and actually enjoy this rather than my typical tendency to complain and vent within the loved pages of my journal at the end of each day. this is so much more peaceful to my heart, to my soul, to my mind...to my body even. so I share with you my three good things from today and encourage that sometimes three can really equal twelve or six or nineteen. :)
delightful things of the day...
1) new yummy snack discovery of whole wheat and grain tortilla with peanut butter and sliced bananas rolled up into tastyliciousness...tortillas are so versatile
2) the boom of potential fireworks breaking the quiet of the night every so often because I am presuming they are fireworks and not some ghetto everettite bustin' a cap on his neighbor and I love the 4th of July and fireworks...it's my favorite holiday for sure and I cannot wait to savor it
3) my step aerobics instructor being nearly five months pregnant, sporting spandex with pigtail braids, jumping up and down, pumping it, rocking the abs, and taking down that hour with power and a heck of a lot more energy and gusto than me
4) dripping rivulets of sweat from my face, being so sweaty that I slide across the ab mat, my towel is soaked, I start to see stars due to lack of oxygen and workin' it so intensely, I cannot catch my breath, my lungs burn, my stomach is sick, my legs can no longer be willed to leap and skip but merely drag across the step bench, I cheer and shout with each set of ten accomplished because that's what gets me through...and it's all feelin' good and I am alive
5) freshly shaven legs against sheets in my cozy bed at last reading a beloved Bible story and allowing my weary muscles to ease into relaxation and my busy mind to play hide-and-seek from the duties of the day
6) being utterly loved in all my strengths and struggles by those closest to me
7) a count down of nine days until my birthday and twelve until I skydive, oh Jesus. help.
8) His faithfulness oozing into every facet of my life
No comments:
Post a Comment