Monday, February 23, 2009

In My Words

My own writing has seldom found its way into publication on my blog of late. What I am reading for pleasure or in my devotions has ended up being the source of my musings. I don't want to be a person who solely regurgitates others' information, though it may be poetically or inspirationally crafted and I may want to remember another's words in the future. I want to put forth my own ponderings, creativity, and curiousity so that the part of my soul that thrives on the written word has its own little outlet to come alive in an utterly vivacious way.

Though I am a person of many words--I like to say loquacious--whether written, spoken, texted, emailed, etc, I find putting my thoughts into well-formed sentences can be time-consuming and require more effort. I journal nightly, but that's where I end up divulging my pain, heartache, daily activities, and complaining to God. As well, I attempt to remember the Lord as I occasionally pen praise, thanksgiving, and my heart's greatest yearnings to Him. I rarely use a juicy word in my journaling moments though. Thus, my need to write creatively and spontaneously in blog form! I love words and I love when I can use novel, intriguing, luscious language. One of my many pleasures and obsessions. This is part of me, no one can change this about me, no one can take this away from me. It defines me and silence is not who I am. Therefore, I will remain the ever-loquacious Dulcy with more words to come this way soon.

No comments:


Blog Archive