I have made a pledge to learn a Spanish verb or at least word each day. I need to improve my Spanish little-by-little or the amount I have to learn in the future will seem overwhelmingly daunting and I will never achieve my goal of fluency so I can work with the people I long to have a conversation or counseling session with! Any words to offer me? I will take 'em. I will also take corrections as needed. Some of them seem so simple, but I dont use them, so I am going to try to think about a verb a day and then hopefully be fluent by this time next month...my dream. Here's what I got so far and the first three have stuck the most:caer: to fallcallar: to keep quiet, to be silent (aka, callate is shut up, not a nice phrase)chuparse el dedo: suck your thumb (it caught my eye and reminds me of Celina when she was little cause she definitely got some thumb sucking action)abandonar: to abandontraer: to bringvolver: to return, to go back, to turn over abordar: to board, as in an airplane
mareado/a: dizzy (thanks Celina)
1 comment:
Amar: To love
Perdonar: To forgive
Esperar: To wait
Aprender: To learn
Olvidar: To forget
Entender: To understand
Corregir: To correct someone, to make it better.
Arreglar: To fix something
Sonreir: To smile
Despedir: To say good bye, or to fire someone :(
Complacer: To place someone
Alegrar/Alegria: To make someone happy (to cheer someone up).
More to come :)
Post a Comment