Thankfully we appear to be in the midst of experiencing a little bit of an indian summer, so today it's like 70 degrees (why am I inside?) and there's a perfect breeze tickling the leaves of the cherry tree outside my window. But, seasons of the earth remind me of how the Lord takes us through seasons in life. I know I have sure been through a few this year alone.
I find it thrilling to realize that my faith has been my own, real, and my relationship with Jesus has now been established for a solid 10 years this summer! Hurray for a decade! I cannot believe it's been that long. What would my life be without living to bless Jesus and feeling such ultimate purpose in each day lived? And, through this, my gratitude increases exponentially as the years go by because I see that Jesus still wants me to grow and change and mature as a woman, as a child of God. He loves me so much He doesnt want me to stay the same. Through each season I enjoy, endure, or ease into, I am transformed, I see new layers and colors of Christ's love, my faith grows like a weed and sometimes not, a new fire is kindled inside of me for Jesus and to love His people, I see the fruit of His work in me at last, and I gather and discard tools to help me along my journey.
I look forward to another decade of time with Jesus; a lifetime, in fact, as I learn more of Him through the beautiful people around me, enriching experiences, and challenges that deliver themselves into my life. In the words of Switchfoot, "This is your life, are you who you wanna be?" I intend to live life to the fullest through each and every changing season God offers me. To this I also say what my friends in Costa Rica taught me, "Pura vida!"
No comments:
Post a Comment