Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Weighed Down by Carbs

After 40ish days of fasting most carbs and sweets, I went back to it this weekend. I had cereal and a croissant on Easter morning and then a few chocolates and a yummy decorated waffle. I've had some Dairy Queen, cereal, a panini, and other things that I was without in the last few days. I have no idea if it was the busy Easter weekend of five services and taking part in four and hosting a low-key Easter afternoon get together and snow shoeing and saying goodbye to the room/wombmate or the fact that the weather shifted from gorgeous sun to pouring rain again OR if it's because the carbs are back, but I have felt so sleepy the last few days. Low energy, sleepy, and low motivation. Additionally, I almost immediately started to feel poorly about my body again. I have even made the choice upon several meals to leave out tortillas, sweets, or other carby items out of my mouth, but with the bits I have added this week it's been not so great. Things are too sweet and just don't taste as great as fresh, whole, grainy, ingredients.

No comments: