Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Complaint List...No Thanks

I made a vow this week to not complain--about myself, about others, about circumstances, about life.

It's harder than I thought it would be. I am glad to be aware of how much I do complain and "vent" as we put it to placate our negativity. And the exercise of halting complaints is a beauty for awareness cause every time I start to whine or chatter incessantly of my unpleasant thoughts, I realize that I need not do this, but can leave it out or put things more kindly or diplomatically.

The real Dulcy, the true me, lives up to the meaning of my name, I feel. Sweet. Charming. Candy. Who can complain or be negative about such things? These are positive, delicious, delightful, beautiful things. I desire to be that. I want to be that for me, for others, and for Jesus. Otherwise I am absolutely not exuding His Spirit in my life.

"The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22

No comments: