I took a walk with my dog yesterday. The sole purpose was to collect leaves! I felt like a third grader preparing for some sort of autumnal art project. It was fabulous! I walked with my eyes to the ground looking for the best oranges, reds, yellows, and browns. The dog was so confused every time I turned around for yet another leaf that I decided to snatch after contemplating whether it's beauty was worthy of placing in my pocket. I wore one of my sister's REI jackets that's down-filled and a sort of burnt orange, rusty color so I felt ultra fallish as I inhaled the brisk air and strolled on my leaf hunt.
Gotta say that I feel sad for people who don't get to experience the refreshing changing of the seasons. The chilly fall air is here, I scraped ice off of my car on Saturday morning for the first time since last April, and the leaves falling from the trees are slowing as there are few more to be offered to the ground. I think another walk is in order very soon. Perhaps this time with a hot cup of tea in my hands and with a little more time for viewing the changes taking place all around me in nature that God paints with His own hands! And, maybe to stuff my pockets with more brilliantly colored leaves.
No comments:
Post a Comment