Monday, May 21, 2007

The Faithful Comfort of Music: Unashamed Love & Healer

Repeatedly when I struggle through valleys in my life, in my spiritual walk, I find solace and explanation in music at times when I cannot find it elsewhere. When I am unable to allow my problems permission to emerge from the darkness of my filthy self, lyrics distinctly express my feelings. These two songs by Ten Shekel Shirt brought me hope and were one of many avenues to help me climb out of the mire in which I have been recently entrenched.

Unashamed Love
You're calling me to lay aside the worries of my day
To quiet down my busy mind and find a hiding place

Worthy You are worthy

I open up my heart and let my spirit worship Yours
I open up my mouth and let a song of praise come forth

Worthy You are worthy

Of a childlike faith and of my honest praise
Of my unashamed love
Of a holy love and of my sacrifice
Of my unashamed love

Healer
Healer heal me
Savior save me
Maker change me
Lover love me

I'm so tired of living for
The kind of love that only lasts for awhile
The pain and the shame tear me up inside

So I fall on my knees to get back on my feet again
And I cry out for You
Would You please speak to me

I'm so tired of living for
The kind of love that only comes and goes
But Your love, Your love lasts forever

So I fall on my knees to get back on my feet again
And I cry out for You to hear You speak to me
Yes I fall on my knees to get back on my feet again
And I run hard for You to enter Your rest

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a delight! Found you at the airport yesterday and found your blog today! :-)

Love you and am so thrilled to be back in touch with what you are doing in life!

Blessings!